Seattle Doulas Birth Class
Let’s take the mystery out of birth and newborns, replacing it with confidence and evidence-based practice.
Join Alise McAllister for a comprehensive childbirth education class where you get to laugh, learn and practice your new skills. This class is perfect for everyone, regardless of birth location or birth plan. You’ll get a clear understanding of what’s happening in your body during labor, how to work with your body, and helpful coping techniques for every stage of labor. You’ll walk away feeling prepared for all of the expected and unexpected that birth has to offer.
- Anatomy and physiology of labor and birth – Knowledge helps eliminate fear and instills confidence
- Comfort measures – What works for you?
- The 3 R’s – Rhythm, Ritual, Rest. Reducing labor pain.
- Am I in labor? Stages of labor and comfort measures.
- Birth options, birth plans, and preparing for the unexpected in labor
- The Fear Cycle – Learning to trust your body and understanding the birth process.
- Immediate postpartum care
Over the last 14 years, Alise’s path has led her down many roads. She has trained as a midwife, taught prenatal yoga, worked as a birth assistant, doula, and taught childbirth education. No matter where her path takes her, it always leads back to birth. Nothing brings Alise more happiness than hearing that a new mother feels transformed and inspired by her birth. Alise’s mission as a professional doula and childbirth educator is to fully support everyone to birth in a way that makes them feel strong and empowered as well as heard in labor.
- Seattle Midwifery School doula training 2004
- Seattle Midwifery School Midwifery education 2005
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certified (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Breastfeeding Certification from Midwifery School
- CPR Training with American Red Cross
- And I attend numerous continuing education classes each year, have relationships with OB's and Midwives with whom I process questions or experiences, and am committed to being up to date on research-based care practices.